Search This Blog

Tuesday

Sublime Dream

Linger in my waking dream
Beneath a softly sunlit sky
Stay with me sublimity,
No, you don't have to go

Looking up I smile and sigh,
I close my eyes awhile longer
Now that I can feel you stronger,
Promise me, you won't go

The shining sun brings a happiness
Once upon a time I knew
Now I see I find my strength
In my dreams of you

Looking forward ain't that bad,
I'm like I'm biding my time
Finding ways to pass the days,
I wait again for you

I can see your smiling face,
The shining soul you bear
I feel your magical embrace,
I feel you coursing through the air

But when I think I found the place,
The thought that you aren't there
Is one thing I cannot erase.

I watch the sunset fade to black
As night comes out to play
Loneliness would steal my heart
But your love won't let it stay.

Tonight will bring a simple dream
A shadow of your art
I close my eyes and I drift away,
Away into your arms

Where I can see your smiling face,
The shining soul you bear
And feel your magical embrace,
Feel you coursing through the air.

But when I think I found the place,
The thought that you aren't there
Is one thing I cannot erase.

No comments:

Post a Comment