Search This Blog

Tuesday

Fearful People Do Stupid Things

I'm afraid to stick my legs under my chair.
I'm afraid that maybe the chair's legs are too weak.
I think to myself, "What if they break?  Then I will crash
To the ground crushing my own legs beneath me."
Biting the fear, I wrap my legs around the chair's legs
Because the position is comfortable.

I'm afraid to look up at the ceiling from my bed.
I'm afraid that Newton could have been wrong.
I think to myself, "What if I fell up?" and I say,
"My, it's a very long fall to the ceiling."
With a long sigh, I close my eyes and try to sleep
Because I love to dream at night.

I'm afraid to swim in a pool all alone.
I'm afraid of things like great white sharks.
I thing to myself, "What if there's a shark?  Yeah, somewhere
Swimming in the pool is a shark waiting for a snack."
Adrenaline rushing, I dive in anyway,
Becuase swimming is so much fun.

I'm afraid you'll leave me hanging.
I'm afraid you'd lose interest or patience.
I think to myself, "What if he leaves?  Am I
Really worth to him all of his trouble?
Heart racing, I disregard my fears and ride the wave
Because I can't be near you enough.

I'm afraid I think illogically sometimes.
I'm afraid I might be right, but
I think to myself, "What have I accomplished?  Nothing
If I entertain asinine fear, I'll just be missing out."
Questioning myself still, I decide to shut my eyes and take another step,
Because I know I have nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment